Thursday, March 10, 2011

Semester at Sea students volunteer time at Gurukulam










JEFFREY A. KOTTLER, Ph.D, Professor of Psychology, Semester at Sea

http://www.semesteratsea.org/

along with 20 students volunteered time at Gurukulam. It has been a wonderful time of learning, creativity and fun.

In Prof Jeffrey's words:

I wanted to thank all of you for providing such an amazing experience for our students and staff during our visit to the Trust Children school these past few days. The exchanged between your students, teachers, administrators, and our our group from Semester at Sea were so meaningful. The children were crying when we left yesterday, as were some of our students. Three of our students stayed behind to continue their visit for another day. Everyone was so happy with the generosity, hospitality, and warm welcome that you provided at the school and with the Rotary Club. I know that you have never arranged an extended service trip like this before but I want you to know that I hope it is the first of many such trips in the future.

Although I have spent time in many lower caste schools, and worked with children and teachers for many years, I was SO impressed with the work you are doing. The enthusiasm of the teachers, the warmth of the students, was so inspiring to all of us. I hope that our visit remains a lasting memory for those in your school just as I'm certain it will for all of us.

With warm regards,
Jeffrey

JEFFREY A. KOTTLER, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
Semester at Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment